Please feel free to submit a message on the Contact us page if you do not see your question here.

Frequently asked questions

Who is RPL & Itakane training academy?

Our mission is to provide the highest quality RPL assessment, education and training in the real estate sector nationally. We provide further education that includes cost effective contact and virtual learning with the necessary aftercare support services. We are highly adaptable to the specific needs of all our stakeholders through nurturing an inclusive culture and through open communication. RPL Assessment Centre is fully accredited.

Who is the EAAB?

The Estate Agency Affairs Board (EAAB) was established in 1976 in terms of the Estate Agency Affairs Act 112 of 1976 (‘the Act”), with the mandate to regulate and control certain activities of estate agents in the public interest. The EAAB regulates the estate agency profession through ensuring that all persons carrying out the activities of an estate agent as a service to the public are registered with the EAAB. A Fidelity Fund Certificate, which is to be renewed each year is issued as evidence of such registration and confirmation that such person is legally entitled to carry out the activities of an estate agent. The Estate Agency Affairs Board (EAAB), which has been reporting to the Minister of Trade and industry since 1976, was transferred to the Department of Human Settlements on 17 May 2012 by Proclamation of the President of the Republic of South Africa.

Are we fully accredited?

Yes we are fully accredited by SSETA and the EAAB. Letter of accred 1 & 2

Who is SSETA?

The Services Sector Education and Training Authority (Services SETA) was established and registered in March 2000 in terms of the skills development Act of 1998 and is responsible for the disbursement of the training levies payable by all employers. These levies are collected by the South African Revenue Service (SARS) via the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET), and are to be disbursed through a management system motivated by skills requirement assessment and monitoring. Thus the Services SETA will ensure that the skill requirements of the services sector are identified and that adequate and appropriate skills are readily available. The Services SETA contributes to the improvement of sector skills through achieving a more favourable balance between demand and supply, and ensuring that education and training is: Provided subject to validation and quality assurance; Meets agreed standards within a national framework; Ensures that new entrants to the labour market are adequately trained, and; Acknowledges and enhances the skills of the current work force.

What is a FFC?

Your FFC is the Fedility Fund Certificate that certifies that you are competent against the SAQA registered qualification.

What is the difference between RPL and a full course?

Only if an agent has twelve months experience as an agent he can qualify to do the RPL course which is self study. Rookies with less than twelve months experience should do the full internship attending class.

What is PDE and what is the breakdown thereof?

PDE means professional designated examn. One must go on to the EAAB website and register to do the PDE. At these PDE workshops, criteria such as what you will need to bring to the examn, how to number your folder as well as old examination questions will be discussed.

Which documents must I send back to complete my registration?

You have to send your FFC, certified matric certificate as well as your certified ID copy.

When does class commence?

Those interns who have enrolled for a full course or a workshop class will be informed of the time, date and venue after the class has been filled. For those interns who enrolled for the RPL there is no class due to self-study.